Happy Hump Day! It’s been a great day so far. Keenan and I met Giselle and her adorable little guy, Ayden, this morning for a play date at Art Beast. On a side note, Giselle has a great blog, so I highly recommend checking her out! Anyhow, Keenan spent most of his time in the play area with the kitchen and shopping cart, as he wasn’t too interested in painting or doing anything art-related (maybe he had enough art yesterday with making Valentine’s Day cards!). It was nice to get out of the house and do something new, as well as chat with Giselle. I always feel so refreshed after a change of scenery, and especially talking with other moms. It is SO vital to get out every once in a while!
Since it is Wednesday, it is time for another What I Ate Wednesday link-up with the lovely host Jenn, from Peas and Crayons!
- No Oat Oatmeal with baby kale and dried blueberries (of course, topped with almond butter!).
- Mocha Latte with dark chocolate and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Cilantro Lime Spaghetti Squash leftover from last night’s dinner with arugula, tomatoes, avocado, a hard boiled egg, turkey and Tapatio hot sauce (It doesn’t look appetizing, but it was SOOO good!).
Soon-to-be snack before CrossFit:
- Half of a banana with one tablespoon of almond butter
- On the menu for tonight is either leftover Paleo Shepherd’s Pie with a side of sauteed zucchini with onions and campari tomatoes or a simple one-pot meal of chicken sauteed with zucchini, onions, garlic and tomatoes. I can’t decide.
But, before I go, I have to share last night’s dinner, Cilantro Lime Spaghetti Squash with Chicken. I saw the recipe from Sarah at A Gutsy Girl and my mouth was literally drooling. I made it last night, changing up a few things and it was AMAZING! My husband, who isn’t a huge fan of Spaghetti squash, said that it was one of the most satisfying meals he has eaten since doing our Paleo Challenge! We will definitely be adding this to our “regulars!”
- What was your favorite thing that you have eaten, today?
- Have you cooked with spaghetti squash? If so, how do you prepare it! I really love the squash, so I’m looking for new ways to prepare it.