After reading through a recent bon appetit magazine, I was inspired by a chimichurri recipe that I saw. The recipe called for hours of marinating before even cooking the pork, and since I don’t have that kind of time, I adapted it for my slow-cooker. It turned out great and it will now be one of our “regulars!”
- 2 frozen boneless pork chops or country style boneless ribs
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen pork in the bottom of your slow-cooker.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except for salt and pepper) together in a medium size bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over pork and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with a side of roasted veggies of your choice and enjoy!
Slow-cooker cooking times vary, so I put mine on low for 10 hours and let the meat cook for 4 hours. It comes out perfectly juicy and tender!